Thursday 9 December 2010

Bauble Wreath

I felt the need to make a bauble wreath after seeing so any lovely ones out there on everyone's blogs.. so now our house has a few wreaths but hey I'm sure I can find many places to hang them..
The one thing all the tutorials forget to mention is how fiddly, messy and infuriating the whole process is and after an hour of frustration glueing baubles on I spent another hour picking all the excess glue off lol.
Dread to think how many baubles I've used, I stopped counting after emptying the 4th box, though I was using quite small baubles compared to the majority of people so it's no surprise I needed so many. There was glitter everywhere, over my desk, the chair, the floor and now all down the stairs to the front door where it hangs now lol!

I'm linking this to:

4 comments:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

I love it! It looks fantastic! Well worth the frustration!
Thanks for linking up again!

Heather said...

Your wreath looks beautiful, you did a great job! I've made these in the past, and you are right they do take a lot of time, glue and ornaments! The colors you chose make for a great combination.

texttussi said...

Sounds like very much work, but it was so worth it. It's probably the most beautiful bauble wreath I've seen on the web so far. I like that you used so many small baubles! It's lovely!

Kristi said...

What a cute wreath! I know exactly what you mean about picking all of the glue off. That's what I end up doing. :)