Friday 21 January 2011

V-Day Frame

I've never bothered with Valentines decorations before but after seeing so many lovely pieces out there in blogland I thought I should give it a try too.

Can't claim credit for the twig heart, mum bought us that to join the wall fo hearts we have in our dining room. But the framed piece is my first bit of V day decor for the house using subway art as the background and pom poms to make the heart, both of which i totally dig at the moment..

I've used:
  • Subway art from Krista's blog
  • 7x5 dark wood frame (good ol' hobbycraft sale)
  • Corrugated card (to mount the subway art on)
  • Pink felt
  • Pink t-shirt scraps (for the pom poms and little hearts)
  • Good ol' trusty glue gun

So now both these lovelies are sitting up on our mantel making it look fab!

2 comments:

Stuff by Ash said...

Love the new use of subway art. Turned out fabulous!

nessy said...

wow ~these are just gorgeous.... love them
vanessa xx