Sunday, 31 August 2008
Wow think this is a record for me... 4 challenges covered in 1 card! I used the sketch provided by Taylor's cupcake challenge, the Papertake Weekly challenge 'A Stitch In Time' the Penny Black challenge 'Stars & stripes' and also the Dutch Dare challenge 'Card for a girl'.
- Ribbed white card
- Stars and stripes papers from the Kaboodle Doodle kit 'All star'
- PB image 'Buzz in the air' coloured in with marvys
- Felt flower with pink pearl centre bead
- 'Smile' dome sticker
- Deep pink paper
- Silver gel pen for the faux stitching
Hi everyone! this week's Lots To Do Challenge has been set by me, and I want you to Craft Your Name... it could be something with your initials on, the meaning of your name, something with your name on to personalise it... hey even something with your kid's name on it like a door plaque or door hanger, etc... So come on come join in my challenge!
- A beermat
- Green, yellow, silver and orange ink
- Permanent marker
- Chipboard flower
- Gold eyelet
- Orange circles ribbon
- Swirl stamp
Thursday, 28 August 2008
This week's challenge over at This Thursday is 'It's a puzzler'... so after a little while of thinking and reading over the ideas on the challenge blog I decided that love was a good theme as it's puzzling how it happens and works.. and then i took the obvious idea of a puzzle and ombined the two :)
- Heart puzzle template
- Red, pink, black, silver and magenta ink pads
- Chunky card
- Love text stamp
- Butterfly stamp (thanks to the ooh la la team)
- Dovecraft fantasy fairy stamps (thanks to the spoon full of sugar team)
- Blue tissue paper
- Lots of PVA glue
- Light blue dotty ribbon
- Blue and white sequins
- Pink Petticoat download images from 'Best Fishes'
- Marvy pens for colouring in
Wednesday, 27 August 2008
Yay my first batch of Spiral Whisper stamps arrived today so I just had to use one! This is a double challenge card for the Spoon Full Of Sugar challenge '3 different ribbons' and the Arty Girlz challenge 'Summer'.
- Spiral Whisper 'Little gem with flowers' stamp' (so damn cute!)
- Marvy pens
- Blue and yellow inks for the border and background
- 4 lilac primas
- 2 orange primas
- 6 pearl ball beads
- 3 different colour hobbycraft flowery print ribbons
Here's the second canvas that I've made... I used the tissue paper canvas technique found here... though sadly the photo does show the outlines of some of my tissue paper but that may be as I had a double layer on one sheet of the tissue didnt realise till i'd glued it :( so it's meant to look like a graffiti wall scene.
- 5x7 canvas
- Permanent inks and watercolour pencils
- PVA glue
- Tissue paper
- PB 'Just next to you!' stamp
- Swirl corner stamp
- Heart doodle and heart swirl stamps
- Swirl flower stamp
- 2 little red primas and pearl bead centres
Tuesday, 26 August 2008
This week's SBS challenge has been set by Donna and she picked the theme 'Bling It On'... and there's a prize on offer too so come join in!
- Papers and images from the Kaboodle Doodle kit 'Animals'
- Blue glitter
- Coloured gems
- 2 gold eyelets
- Sparkly gold ribbon
- Foam pads
- Sparkly Birthday peel off
Monday, 25 August 2008
Wow a very pink card, not my usual type of thing but I needed to get using the kit and it fitted beautifully with some of this weeks challenges. The Ooh La La theme this week is 'Babies' and the Scrummy Stash Cafe challenge is a sketch which I used to design the card.
- Pink mottled card
- Dotty paper, sentiment and image from the Kaboodle Doodle kit 'Baby'
- 2 prima flowers
- 2 small pearl beads
- foam pads
- grid strip done using the distressed grid technique
Sunday, 24 August 2008
This week's challenge over at Lots To Do has been set by Mags and she picked the theme 'Iris Folding'.... so after many hours of cursing, confusion and frustration I finally managed to get this done.... thanks Donna for scanning urs to show me how lol... So I ended up making a door hangar for Mags.
- Kaboodle Doodle kit 'Skulls' for backing paper and the paper for the folding
- Word art for the text
- Marvys to do the colouring
- 2 pieces of thick card
Saturday, 23 August 2008
Wahey so here's the first challenge over at Kaboodle Doodles, all you have to do is download the kit from the blog and make something from it!
Cheeky me I've made my design piece also my entry for this weeks 3d designs challenge which is to use the milk carton template.
- Paper from the KD free challenge kit
- Foam pads
- Red and clear gems
- Red scruffy strand ribbon
The Ooh la La challenge is 'Christmas' so I made this fab little box that could be used for small presents or choccies, etc... I found the template whilst blog hopping, to see where I found it click here.
- Blue marble card
- Metallic silver pattern card
- Silver fragment sticker
- Hero Arts penguin stamp
- Blue dotty ribbon
Here's a triple challenge card that I've just managed to get finished... it's for... the Daring Cardmakers challenge 'This way!'.. the Arty Girlz 'shapes' challenge... and the Stamp Something challenge 'birthday somethings'....
- Light blue card
- Kaboodle doodle paper from All star kit
- Arrow and star shape from Lil Flyer digi kit
- Hamish image coloured in with marvys
- Greeting circle from Dotties World blog
- happy birthday star stamp
Thursday, 21 August 2008
Here's a double challenge card that I've just finished... it's for this week's Cute Card Thursday challenge 'Bright Colours' and Stamp with Sarah Kay challenge which was a sketch..
- Sarah Kay sketch
- White ribbed card
- Yellow dotty paper
- Funky Fairy download paper
- Felt flowers
- Orange circles ribbon (hobbycraft)
- Sarah Kay image coloured with marvys
Wednesday, 20 August 2008
- 5x7 canvas
- Orange, yellow and lime inks, making the background using the kitchen towel technique found here
- Swirl corner stamp
- PB 'Embrace' image stamped onto the canvas
- Marvys and water
- Watercolour paints
- Variety of prima flowers
- Tiny pearl beads as flower centres
This week's SBS challenge has been set by Jenny and she's picked the theme 'Beautiful Days' as she went to the beautiful days festival last weekend... so we had to make something hippy, flowery, camping based or musical to fit the theme... So i made my funky, bright flower card.
- Orange corrugated card
- Retro paper (recycled HSBC junk post lol)
- Bohemian ribbon
- Summer tilda coloured with marvys
- Lots of funky love stamp
- 2 orange brads
- 2 flower shapes inked with ornage, brown, bronze, gold and purple to make their colour
... and of course my £2.49 hobbycraft easel to display the card on :)
Tuesday, 19 August 2008
This week's challenge over at ABC challenge is F is for fairies... now had i have known i was getting the lovely goodies from a Spoon Full Of Sugar i would have used those for the project but i had made this when the bits arrived... I've made an ATC for my DT piece...
- ATC size card
- Gold, yellow, brown and bronze inks for the background
- 2 eyelets
- Metallic gold ribbon
- Rock Hard Fairy image (thanks donna) made 3d with foam pads
So come join in again this week :)
- Melthoria dotty paper
- Blue floral paper
- Hoho paper
- Blue dotty ribbon (hobbycraft)
- Tilda angel image colourd with marvys
- Merry Christmas peel off
- Marble effect blue card
* If you are tagged, you must firstly post the rules:
* Write 7 strange characteristics about yourself. They interest us all!
* Tag 6 other people at the end of your Post.
* Visit everyone that you have tagged and leave a comment on their blog to let them know that they have been tagged.
So here are my seven strange characteristics:
1. I don't get hungover regardless of how much I drink
2. I want a tattoo but I've managed to talk myself out of it since my 18th birthday
3. I'm a total neatfreak
4. I get fed up of being on the ground
5. I've never seen myself as one of the girls at all
6. I'm attracted to bright colours
7. I hold grudges far too long
My 6 people to pass this on to are....
jenny, jo, leann, tracey, zoe, lyn
Monday, 18 August 2008
This week's Dutch Dare challenge is 'use an animal print/design'.. I've made a digi scrapbook page of our neighbour's dog that we looked after the other night... she's a jack russell called Snoop... as in snoop doggy dog not snoopy lol...
- Animal print paper from Night Safari digikit
- Red ribbon bow from Night Safari digikit
- Flower embellishment from the Stendhal Angelique digikit
- Frame from from the Stendhal Angelique digikit
- Text art done in Photoshop
- A photo taken in our garden
This fortnights challenge over at Funky Fairys has been set by Meayla and she's picked the theme 'Initial art' to make something with your name or initials on... So I've made a name banner to go above my ribbon rail...
- Funky Fairy red and black flower download papers
- Gold eyelets
- Black sequins
- Red chunky gems
- Black ribbon
- Red mesh ribbon
Sunday, 17 August 2008
This week's Lots To Do challenge has been set by Andrea and she's picked the theme 'Recycle It'.... recycle anything; beads, buttons, papers, stamps, bottle tops, etc..
So I made a bracelet out of completely recycled bits...
- charms from broken keyrings
- chain and clasp from a broken necklace
- ball beads and spacer beads from necklaces from a charity shop
So come join in!
Saturday, 16 August 2008
This week's Penny Black challenge is 'ribbons' and boy do i love my ribbons... pretty colours, patterns, metallics.... so anyway back to my card...
- Black cardstock
- Kate Night 'Hint of pink' designer paper
- Deep pink ribbed ribbon
- 2 wooden flower embellishments
- PB 'embraceable' image coloured in with marvys
- 'lots of funky love' stamped along the bottom
- Orange marble effect card
- Kaboodle Doodle paper from the 'Berry Bright' kit
- Purple flower ribbon (hobbycraft)
- Cupcake, heart and love stamp inked with colours
Thursday, 14 August 2008
This past fortnight's challenge over at Funky Fairys has been 'Celebration'.... so I've made a celebration card that could fit a couple of occasions, though I expect it will get used as a wedding anniversary card..
- Magnolia image 'Cheers' coloured in with marvys
- Forever rub off sentiment
- Flower and borders from the Happily Ever After download kit
- Backing papers from a Funky Fairys download kit
- Chunky lime green brad
- Kaboodle Doodle's upcoming kit 'Berry Bright' for the sentiment, stripey and flowery papers.
- Lime green and bright orange cardstock
- Dotty ribbon to tie on the buttons
- A flower button, 2 orange buttons and 2 candy pink buttons
- A hot pink felt flower
- Sarah Kay image coloured in with marvy pens
- Foam pads to make the sentiment and image 3d
Wednesday, 13 August 2008
Tuesday, 12 August 2008
Ok so here's an idea that I found on Deena's blog a little while ago... I didn't use the chunky coasters like she did, I had beermats so I used the last one to make this...
- Dotty paper from kaboodle doodle download kit 'Grey'
- One lime green brad
- Chunky dotty black and white brad
- Lime butterfly ribbon
- Lime green bulldog clip
- Lime green paper and flower template
Monday, 11 August 2008
Sunday, 10 August 2008
I was given this award by Dawne, thanks :)
The rules of the award are:
1.The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3.Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4.Put links of those blogs on yours.
5.Leave a message on the blogs of the girls you’ve nominated
Saturday, 9 August 2008
Friday, 8 August 2008
Thursday, 7 August 2008
'My blog will be 1 year old on 21st August. I can't believe how quick it has gone and is all thanks to my friend Wendy who started her blog just before and got me hooked - thanks hun!!!!
As a thank you to all the people who visit here I will be giving away some candy to 3 people.
All you have to do is comment here and link to my blog - if i leave you a comment you are entered.
I will get my daughter to draw 3 names out on 22nd August so you have until midnight 21st August to post.'
Wednesday, 6 August 2008
Tuesday, 5 August 2008
Gisela is also celebrating reaching 5000 hits with some candy!
Maria is also giving some gorgeous candy!
Katharina is celebrating 100,000 hits with some fab whiff of joy candy!