Friday, 24 May 2013

Love Sign Tutorial

I thought I'd share the tutorial for the love sign I made for Valentines day, it can be changed for any other four letter word as well...
You'll need:
  • 2 contrasting colours of paint
  • 4 papier mache letters
  • superstrength glue
  • lollysticks
  • paintbrush
1. Take the second and third letters of your word and paint them the same colour.
2. Take the first and last letters and paint them the other colour you chose.
3. Leave them to dry.
4.Once the letters are dry flip them over.
5.Cut small pieces of the lollysticks, paste one side with glue and stick them over the joints of the L and V. (You can also add a little glue to the top flats of the V for extra security)
6. Repeat the lollystick glueing process with the other letters and join the L+V to the O+E.
7. Now the boring bit, let the glue fully set.

8. Paint the backs of the letters to cover the lollysticks and any excess glue.
9. Leave to dry once more.

And that's it all done and ready to decorate with!
Thanks for having me Amie and I hope you're feeling better soon!

Butterfly SU cards

Been playing with my new Stampin' Up goodies to make birthday cards for all the friends and family with birthdays coming up in the remainder of May and during June. There's quite a few people, still a few more cards to get making!

 So playing with my new stamp sets 'Papillon Potpourri' and 'Perfectly Penned' I've come up with these cards. Ok so I haven't used SU colours for inks or cards but it's still early days for me with SU stuff.

 Love the triple stamping technique that I learnt from card club so I've used it for the first time on one of my own cards. Snuck in a little non SU product for the silver flower background, was actually a flower gem setting template but I thought it was far more useful as a stamping mask.


Joined A Card Club

Can anyone tell that I've joined a card making club? I've finally discovered Stampin' Up for myself and once a month I'm playing with lots of lovely SU goodies at card, trying new products and learning new techniques.

Here's the cards I've made from the last 3 card club nights....

 Stampin' Up may have just become my next unhealthy obsession!


Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Christmas Hampers

 So I know I've totally missed the boat for sharing christmas things at an appropriate time but I thought I'd share them anyway. To save a bit of money this past christmas as we were saving to buy a house we decided to make most of our christmas presents and turn them into a hamper.

 Some homemade limoncello that sat brewing for weeks making our kitchen smell amazing!
Homemade coconut ice, had to make a spare batch for us to taste test of course!
 Snowmen and christmas pudding 3d cards for everyone.

 One bagged and tagged hamper ready to go. 
It contained:
  • Homemade limoncello
  • Homemade coconut ice
  • Homemade rosemary shortbread
  • Homemade chocolate honeycomb truffles
Apparently next year I need to include a christmas pudding in each hamper as we didn't this year but our family tried one I made and it went down a treat!


Weddings, weddings, weddings

 I've had a spree of wedding card orders recently so I've been trying out new designs to try and find one that suits as many colourschemes as possible... and here's my new design...

 Simple yet elegant and versatile that it lends itself well to all the colours I needed to incorporate to it.

A colourful bit of ribbon and some funky shaped buttons are all the card needs to help it pop and make it different from the others.
 Even a subtle bit of personalisation with the couples names up the side just to make it that little bit different and special for the recipients.
Now to come up with a new design before the next bunch of wedding card orders come in!


Friday, 15 March 2013

Sewing Box Renovation

So I'm back again now that we are all moved and settled in to the new house, finally a house of our own. Thought I'd share a project that I 'had' to finish before we moved otherwise my OH was going to throw it away as I hadn't got round to finishing it. 
It's an old sewing box given to me by a friend... it was a little sad looking, old battered dark stain and a few broken bits... shame I never took a photo of the before state, didn't realise till I had sanded half of the box down :(
 After fixing the broken runners for the drawers I removed the metalwork and cleaned them up a bit. The inside of the drawer and the inside of the main section looked rubbish after removing the old tatty fabric, after much sanding down it was finally ready for spraying in an awesome colour called heirloom white.
 I thought the base deserved a nice bright, bold piece of fabric to make the inside pop. Love this tulip print fabric, never found a good use for it so this is the perfect start for it!
 So after a week of renovation this lovely bit of furniture deserved its place in the removal van and now it lives in my craft room where you see it as soon as you walk in :)