So I'm back again now that we are all moved and settled in to the new house, finally a house of our own. Thought I'd share a project that I 'had' to finish before we moved otherwise my OH was going to throw it away as I hadn't got round to finishing it.
It's an old sewing box given to me by a friend... it was a little sad looking, old battered dark stain and a few broken bits... shame I never took a photo of the before state, didn't realise till I had sanded half of the box down :(
After fixing the broken runners for the drawers I removed the metalwork and cleaned them up a bit. The inside of the drawer and the inside of the main section looked rubbish after removing the old tatty fabric, after much sanding down it was finally ready for spraying in an awesome colour called heirloom white.
I thought the base deserved a nice bright, bold piece of fabric to make the inside pop. Love this tulip print fabric, never found a good use for it so this is the perfect start for it!
So after a week of renovation this lovely bit of furniture deserved its place in the removal van and now it lives in my craft room where you see it as soon as you walk in :)