Sunday 23 January 2011

It's A Bird Thing

Here's my entry to this week's Crafty Creations challenge, it's a cushion that I decided was a little dull and needed something to brighten it up a bit. The theme this week is 'It's a bird thing', so I chose a cute bird design to have as an applique on the cushion.


I hand draw the bird and heart shapes, cut them out and handstitched them all on as sadly I still don't have my sewing machine :(


The fabric is from the bundle of scraps mum got me in her lcoal fabric shop, I love it just wish there was a bigger piece as I've used it all on this project, but it was worth it. What I really love is that the fabric is dotty, as it has little gold sequins on it that you can't see from a distance so here's a close up on a bird.

Looks great sitting pretty on our bed :)

2 comments:

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

very cute!! Glad I could help inspire you :)

InkyAndScrappy said...

adorable Steph! Glad to see you drop by again this week to CCC! I need to get to my sewing machine soon!!!!