So just in case you missed my tutorial over at Keeping It Simple the other week..
I thought I'd do a little tutorial for you all to get you in the mood for spring with a bit of bling on a butterfly brooch.
- 10 x 6mm pearls
- 13 x 4mm pearls
- 12 inches of lace
- 21 eyepins
- 2 headpins
- 12 inches of ribbon
- an embellishment (butterfly or whatever you fancy)
- badge pin
- small circle of felt
- bling gems
So here we go...
1. Take 1 of each colour pearl and thread onto a headpin and form a loop at the other end. These will be the end of your pearl chains.
2.Take an eyepin, thread on a pearl and form a loop at the other end, repeat for the remaining 20 pearls.
3. Start linking up the pearls to form a chain.
4. Keep linking till you have a chain of each colour pearl.
5.Tie a knot in the end of the thread and thread it through one end of the flat edge of the lace.
6. Throw a loose running stitch along the flat edge of the lace but don't cut the loose thread.
7. Pull the thread so that the lace gathers into a flower shape, tie a knot at the end.
8. Throw a loose stitch down the raw edges of the lace to hold the sides of the flower together.
9. Stitch the felt circle to the back of the lace flower shape.
11. Stitch the butterfly at an angle slightly off centre onto the front of the brooch.
12. Stitch the jumpring holding the 2 chains of bearls onto the lower edge of the felt circle.