Friday, 19 November 2010

Skirt handbag



Been playing with the idea of making myself an unusual bag for a while and even with a broken sewing machine I still managed to make one that holds all my gear courtesy of my hand sewing :)
I used:
  • A kids skirt that I got in primark for 50p in the sale months ago
  • An old white tie to form the bag handles
  • 4 chunky pink buttons
  • Black zipper

Not an easy thing to handsew, or at least not with my limited/poor skills lol, but after many hours and stabbing my fingers to sew the buttons on (yes i forgot to add them till after i'd already sewn the handles on, they were a bit of an afterthought) I finally had a cute little skirt handbag of my own :)

I'm linking this to...

Fireflies & jellybeans - show your stuff

The shabby nest - frugal friday

A glimpse inside - catch a glimpse

a little lovely - saturday soiree

tatertots & jello - weekend wrapup party

finding fabulous - frugalicious friday

my repurposed life - catch as catch can

be different.. act normal - show and tell

blue cricket design - show and tell

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Great idea Steph - definitely gonna give this a go (when/if I get time lol).

Have a great weekend :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Allison said...

That super cute! I can't believe you had to hand sew that! Great job!

Thanks for linking up again!

Madigan at madiganmade said...

Genius upcycle! Love the fabric, too!

nessy said...

wow!! what a fab idea..would never thought of that ~perfect bag!!
vanessa xx

Charity said...

Smart thinking girlie! I may just have to do this now:)

Kaylie said...

Cute! You totally inspired me! I have this cute skirt that I love the material of just not the style so much. Guess I know what I can do with it now! Thanks!

gail myrepurposedlife.net said...

very clever and it turned out so cute!
thanks for linking up and linking back to me!
gail

Lindy said...

Wow! That's a cool idea. Great job!