Thursday 18 August 2011

With A Little Bit Of Lace...

British summer may be coming to an end (it's pouring with rain here and has been all day) but I'm still making myself summery clothes in the hope we have a few more good days/weeks.. and then of course there's the good weather and sun I hope for on our holiday (less than a month to go!) so I still think it's a good idea to plough on with the clothes projects...

This time I fancied myself a denim skirt, but not just the boring kind you find in the shops... nor was I keen on the denim ones with denim waistbands and scarf fabric for the remainder of the skirt...
So I hit ebay and found myself this New Look denim skirt with the little worn patches and tears...
A little bit.. well 3/4 of a metre of lace, pins, my sewing machine, scissors, needle and thread later this is what my skirt looked like. My sewing machine could be used for the majority of the lace but the trim round the pockets and flowers on the rear had to be hand sewn on as I couldn't get them to feed through the machine without stitching it together. The flowers and trim pieces came from a scrap of the lace used for the thick trim around the bottom of the skirt. I left it overhanging the denim at the bottom as it just looked a bit more girly and made the most of the scalloped edging of the lace.
It's not so short really.. and it looks great on..
The I thought it deserved a full outfit photo as well to show how ace it looks on... notice the lace flower necklace and nautical bow shoes... yup both things I've made
To see th

15 comments:

Mo said...

I'm bopping over from A Glimpse Inside - good job making a boring skirt more fun!

~Beth D. said...

Super cute! adds length and style!

Hannah @HannahHandmade said...

Cute :)Stop by Hannah Handmade and check out the 12 awesome prizes some great etsy vendors are giving away! This includes two bunches of feather extensions and a free wedding hair accessory! New follower too :)

www.hannahhandmade.blogspot.com

-Kelsey Coghill said...

So cute! I just bought lace yesterday to do a similar treatment to a pair of shorts that have become too short. Thank for sharing

Lish @ Imprintalish said...

So crafty & cute...thanks for linking up again at Frivolous Friday's! I was meaning to msg you and tell you I featured your necklace, but between 2 kids, blogging, a husband, a cat and meals to be cooked...eek...haha...
thanks again, hopefully we'll see you next week too!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Love the little bit of lace!! You look great, as usual :)

Thanks for linking up to “Strut Your Stuff Sunday” on our blog!! We appreciate it!

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

April said...

thank you so much for linking up! I hope to see you next week!
xoxo

Sam Findlay said...

Very cute and looks fab on!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Really appreciate you linking up this awesome post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

The Miller's @ Prezidential Life said...

the lace looks so good on that skrit!
love it!

thanks
the millers
prezidential life

Unknown said...

congratulations, girl for making it to this week's featured projects. Votation will start today. Do grab a featured button if you fancy so.

Have a lovely weekend!

Hugs,
Lelanie

Chef in Training said...

i love lace! Great addition! looks great!

I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training Tomorrow! Plus there is going to be a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Tanya Anurag said...

Trendy!! I would love to use this idea of adding lace. It looks pretty.

Thanks for linking up at Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner and adding to the fun. The party for this week is going on... hope to see you there again :)

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-4.html

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

That turned out way cute!!!

Unknown said...

Hi, Steph! It's voting time for our finest linked-up project for the month of august and you are one of our finalists. The votation round will run for a whole week and the winner will be announced next sunday.

Feel free to share.

http://www.to-sew-with-love.com/2011/09/vote-for-tswls-finest-of-august-2011.html


Have a lovely sunday!



Hugs,
Lelanie