Thursday 11 December 2014

Christmas Decopatch

 A few weeks ago I went to another craft show (surprising I know), the tickets were free as the company sent 2 complimentary tickets for having purchased tickets from them previously, so I had to go.

I was glad to see a company called The MDF Man had returned, earlier in the year they closed down and I didn't expect to see them back so it was a pleasure to see all their new goodies. Of course this meant I had to buy a few bits and pieces as well to make up for lost time. This close to christmas it's obvious that I mainly bought christmas items.

The first piece is a large mdf sign of NOEL, only £4. I've decoptached it using PVA glue and some spare wrapping paper leftover from a present wrapping session. Love the scandi reindeer print and the red is perfect for it to go up in our lounge this christmas.
 Then I saw these cute MDF christmas trees, there were 2 different designs and in many sizes. These little ones were only £1 each so I bought one of each.
 For the first tree I used some candycane print designer paper that came free with a craft magazine...I'm not a massive fan of designer papers so they have a habit of sitting in my stash box for ages...but now I have decopatch projects so they may get used a little more now!
 For the second tree I found some more christmas theme designer paper in my stash box, this time covered in holly leaves and berries. Just love how these trees have been made freestanding, wish I'd have bought more now.
I chose to decopatch the trees differently to the NOEL by ripping the paper into small pieces, it seemed more effective on the smaller work area and makes the paper desigbns stand out more.

Still got one more piece from the MDF to do but it's not christmas themed, it's similar to the NOEL sign but it says HOME, just need the right wallpaper offcut to do that project. Who knows maybe The MDF Man will be back at Sandown Craft Show in January then I can get some more goodies to decopatch.

Photobucket

No comments: