Thursday 10 July 2014

Blended Bloom and Blendabilities

Just got my hands on some of the new Stampin Up kit for 2014... I've started with the new Blended Bloom Stamp and 2 sets of Blendabilities.

After a quick lesson in how to use Blendabilities (thanks Paula) I had a go at whipping up a sympathy card for a friend who lost a dear family member recently. I even learnt that clear buttons can be coloured in using Blendabilities too!
I've used:
  • Blended Bloom stamp
  • Daffodil Delight Blendabilities
  • Summer Starfruit cardstock
  • Summer Starfruit ribbon
  • Love & Sympathy sentiment
  • Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
  • Decorative Label punch
 Then I moved on to a birthday card for another friend, much easier to make.
 For this card I tried out my new Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities... I can see this Blended Bloom getting used quite a bit for a while longer now, especially if you see how many cards using it I've pinned on Pinterest. My Stampin Up Inspiration board is here.

I'm impressed with the new Blendabilities but you do have to let them dry before you get the full effect of how they are going to come out. I was a bit put off when I put the darker colours on as I never thought they wouldm blend or look half decent with the really light pen in the kit....I have been proven wrong and now I think I need more sets of these in the other colours too!
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

Val said...

Lovely cards, what's the secret to blending please, my reds looked all the same x

Paula Knall said...

Awesome work Steph and I've added a link on my blog so everyone can see - see you at class next week! xxxxx